Suede couches can be a stylish and cozy addition to any home, but keeping them clean can be a challenge. Unlike other types of upholstery, suede is delicate and requires special care to prevent damage. If you’re unsure how to clean your suede couch, don’t worry – we’ve gathered some expert tips to help you maintain its soft and luxurious feel. This is a good learning guide on “How to clean Suede couches”?
Follow These Tips From The Experts On How To Clean Suede Couches:
- Brush the couch regularly
One of the easiest things you can do to keep your suede couch looking clean is to brush it regularly. Use a soft-bristled brush, like a suede brush, and gently brush in the direction of the nap. This will help to remove any dirt or dust that has accumulated on the surface and keep the nap looking neat and tidy.
- Blot spills immediately
If you spill something on your suede couch, don’t panic! The key is to act quickly. Use a clean, dry cloth to blot up as much of the spill as possible, being careful not to rub the suede. Once you’ve removed as much of the liquid as you can, allow the area to air dry completely. If there’s still a stain, try using a suede cleaner designed specifically for the type of stain.
- Avoid water
Water can be damaging to suede, so it’s best to avoid using it when cleaning your couch. Instead, use a dry cleaning solvent or suede cleaner that’s designed for use on suede upholstery. Always test any cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area of the couch before applying it more broadly.
- Use a protective spray
To prevent future stains and spills, consider using a protective spray on your suede couch. These sprays create a barrier on the surface of the suede that helps to repel liquids and dirt. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions carefully before applying the spray, and test it on a small area first to ensure it doesn’t cause any discolouration.
Maintaining a suede couch can be a challenge, but with the right care and attention, it can remain a luxurious and stylish addition to your home. Regular brushing, blotting spills immediately, avoiding water, using a protective spray, and calling in a professional when necessary are all great ways “how to clean Suede couches” to keep your suede couch looking clean and new for years to come.
Suede Couch Cleaning Facts
Suede couches can be a beautiful and comfortable addition to any home, but they require special care and attention when it comes to cleaning. Here are some facts to keep in mind:
- Suede is a delicate material that can easily be damaged by water, so it’s important to avoid using too much moisture when cleaning.
- To remove stains from a suede couch, start by blotting up any excess liquid with a clean cloth. Then, use a suede brush or dry sponge to gently rub the stain in a circular motion.
- For more stubborn stains, you may need to use a suede-specific cleaner. Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and test the cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area first.
- It’s important to avoid using regular cleaning products or water on suede, as this can cause discolouration and damage to the material.
- To maintain the appearance of your suede couch, it’s important to regularly brush it with a suede brush to remove any dirt or debris.
- If your suede couch needs a deep cleaning, it’s best to hire professional couch cleaners who have experience working with suede furniture.
- Finally, to protect your suede couch from future stains and damage, consider using a suede protector spray, which can help repel liquids and keep your couch looking its best.
Call in a Professional
If your suede couch is particularly dirty or has a stubborn stain, it may be best to call in a professional upholstery cleaner. Here at CBD Couch Cleaning, we have professionals who have the knowledge and equipment to safely clean your suede couch without causing damage. Be sure to choose a cleaner with experience working with suede upholstery, and see the difference yourself.